Evaluating Price and Value When Selecting Windows for Your Birmingham-Area Home
When itâ€™s time to choose new windows for your Birmingham homeâ€”whether youâ€™re building a new home or upgrading the windows on your existing homeâ€”you have to keep an eye on the costs. But focusing exclusively on price can actually end up costing you more in the long run. Thatâ€™s why itâ€™s important to balance cost and value when selecting the windows you want to install in your home.
If you have to replace your new windows twice as often, itâ€™s really no bargain if those windows cost less. Any savings youâ€™ll realize will likely be eaten up by repair or replacement costs. And youâ€™ll also forfeit the comfort and enjoyment that quality windows offer. Here are a few areas to consider when evaluating your new windows.
- Hardware: Marvinâ€™s hardware is engineered to work seamlessly and comes in a variety of standard finishes that are both durable and elegant. If youâ€™re after a more distinctive hardware design, the Marvin Architectural Hardware series offers designer handles with distinctive looks that complement your unique architectural style and complete your vision.
- Exterior Casings: The exterior casing you choose can dramatically enhance the profile and architectural detail of your home. Factory-applied casing means time savings during installation, plus better performance and consistency for the life of your windows. You can choose between wood and extruded aluminum thatâ€™s finished with commercial-grade paint. Clad-wood products come standard without exterior casing.
- Materials: Marvin windows come in a variety materials to complement the style of your home, including wood, extruded aluminum and Ultrex pultruded fiberglass. An array of wood options will complement any design. If your project requires the one-of-a-kind look of an unusual wood species, youâ€™ll have a choice from many beautiful and unique wood options. Extruded Aluminum Clad windows from Marvin are extremely durable and are significantly stronger than roll-form aluminumâ€”meeting the toughest AAMA 2605 70% PVDF standard for a finish with superior resistance to fading and chalking.
- Interior Finishes: You can order beautifully finished windows and doors that are ready to install the day they arrive with Marvin factory-applied interior finishes. What separates our factory-applied finishes from other manufacturers, is that our unique, proprietary multi-step, integrated conditioning and staining process begins before a door or window is even assembled. Every single piece of wood receives even coats of conditioning and stain, two coats of clear finish, and is sanded and baked twice in an oven. Itâ€™s the best way to create a more consistent, durable and high-quality finish that brings out the natural beauty, texture, and grain of the wood.
- Exterior Finishes: Marvinâ€™s low maintenance, clad-wood products feature an extruded aluminum exterior finished in commercial-grade paint for superior resistance to fading and chalking. Youâ€™ll have your choice of nineteen durable colors.
Donâ€™t sacrifice value for price when it comes to choosing the right windows for your Birmingham-area home. Make sure you get the features that will allow you to enjoy your home in comfort for years to come.